Senior Law Program
Versión En EspañolEach day, physical and emotional abuse and financial exploitation threaten the wellbeing, mental health and economic security of our senior population! This year alone, an estimated 14.1 percent of all non-institutionalized older adults have experiences of physical, psychological, sexual abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation. Yet, for every case reported, another 23 cases of abuse go unnoticed. Over the past ten years we have provided senior law legal services to over 3,000 low-income senior residents of San Francisco. Beware of Covid Related Scams Seniors are a prime target for Covid Related Scams. We’re providing a document to help you avoid these scammers. Services* provided by our Senior Law Program:
- Social Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) appeals and questions (excludes SSA retirement or pensions)
- Simple Wills
- Simple Revocable Living Trusts
- Advanced Health Care Directives and Witness Signatures
- Power of Attorney (financial)
- Consumer debt (if sued by creditors, harassed by collection agencies or identity theft)
- Citizenship applications
- Green card renewals: Please call (415) 575 – 3500 to sign up for a consultation at our immigration clinic for all other immigration related inquiries
*All services are available to people living in San Francisco that are age 60+ or adults with disabilities age 18-59
Please be aware that this does not include family law, divorce, Medi-cal, or other civil cases. We can refer to an organization that does handle these issues.
All other questions are welcome, but because we do not specialize in other areas, we may have to refer them out.If you would like to set up an appointment with our Senior Law Program, please contact Maribel Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 553 – 3429.