About the Organization
La Raza Centro Legal, San Francisco is a non-profit community legal aid office that provides legal representation and counsel to low-income community members and immigrants in the San Francisco Bay Area. We assist those in need with free legal services in Immigration law, Elder and Disability law including general civil rights matters, and Workers’ Rights. We provide high quality legal services to the community we serve, and our staff is offered opportunities for professional development. Our office culture supports work-life balance, and our attorneys and legal support staff are proud to be members of SEIU Local 1021.
- CA Bar License (in good standing, required)
- Salary commensurate with years of experience and degrees ($65,000 – $72,000 range)
- Spanish fluency, bilingual and biliterate (Required), and English
Will Provide Training:
- Social Security Appeals,
- Immigration law – Citizenship and Naturalization
Responsibilities – Immigration Program:
- Attend team meetings;
- Assist with funding reporting requirements;
- Assist with case management systems;
- Assist in the overflow work of the program.
Full Job Description – Essential Functions
- Provide eligibility assessment, full representation, and/or legal advice to low income clients filing applications, primarily consisting of naturalization, disability waivers (N-648) and applications, both initial and renewal, for Lawful Permanent Residency.
- Represent clients before USCIS in San Francisco and as needed on limited occasions in other USCIS Northern California offices.
- Represent clients at California Superior Court in consumer and other civil rights matters
- Represent clients before Administrative Law Judges at the Social Security Administration
- Provide consultations to clients and consultees concerning areas of law pertaining to the Elder Law/Disability Law department.
- Comply with policies, procedures, and best practices including entering data into our case management software (eCerenade/eImmigration), and SF City and County reporting platforms; execute contracts with clients, and file applications in a timely manner.
- Compile client data for reporting requirements.
- Participate in regular peer review meetings and attend legal trainings as needed.
- Participate in other team and agency meetings.
- This position will report to the Executive Director.
Qualifications: Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent Outlook and Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent organizational and interviewing skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Commitment to serving immigrants and sensitivity to the needs of low-income, vulnerable clients.
- Strong verbal communication and expert writing skills
- Strong commitment to social justice
- Must be a team player, self-starter, and have positive attitude.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. We offer a competitive salary with a benefits package that includes several weeks paid vacation a year, 12 sick days a year, 100% paid employee medical & dental insurance, long term disability, AD&D, and life insurance. In addition, there are 15 paid holidays annually, a generous Simple IRA-retirement plan. This position is a non-management position, and thus is a Union SEIU Local 1021 position.
- Monday to Friday
- Remote Work:
- 4 days per week – Temporarily due to COVID-19
- 1 day per week – in our San Francisco Mission District Office
La Raza Centro Legal is an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.